Today I made a card to enter into the challenge at Mo's Challenge Blog.
'Patchwork' was the theme this week. I immediately thought about when I tried my hand at quilting. DISASTER!!!!!! Evidently you have to have at least a rudimentary understanding of math to make the patterns work*.. A person can only make so many 'crazy'** quilts..So when I tried to make a quilt-ish background for this card, I had some trouble.. more on that later.
I used one of my favorite Mo digital images, 'Sprout'. I made several cards with her last April using springy pastel colors. This time out I decided to try a more autumnal feel.
I used paper piecing on the pot and her patches. (See the irony there?) I used a Fiskars Scalloped Square to punch out a bunch of co-ordinating DP squares.
Here are the Copics I used:
OK. remember earlier I said I had some trouble? Naturally the card doesn't measure out in nice 1" squares so I had to make some of them narrower. Once I had punched the squares, they were too small to put back into the punch to trim. There was nothing to hang on to. It occurred to me that I could make a 'handle' using temporary tape. (I keep regular and temp tape on ALL my work surfaces..I use it so often, I hate moving it around.)
Now then***, here are some pictures to explain what I did:
I doubled the tape back on it's self to make the 'handle' a little firmer. This worked like a charm. I wish this had occurred to me years ago. It's a pretty neat little trick!
Party on, Wayne-
* I have NO understanding of math.
**Yes, I am on medication.
***Channeling my Aunt Bernice, don't ya know..