Dotty Background





I'm so glad you're here!

Funny Pictures - Hippo Gifs

Thursday, April 26

Beat It!

Greetings Earthlings-

I wanted to enter this week's challenge over at Hambo. They had a great free digi stamp of a goat. BUT, since I did not enter last week I didn't get the freebie.

The requirement this week for the Hambo Hoedown 63 was to use their image and something that you have recycled.

I used a freebie sample image that they have kindly put on their store site. I think that is so cool - you can try 'a digi' before you buy any. This one is called Wee Henry Bongo.

I got to use some texture too! I wanted his hat to look 'tweedy' so I used a piece of denim soaked in colorless blender I also used some terry towel the same way on his pants.

The sentiment is hand printed by me.. normally I would NOT like my own handwriting but I thought the primitive touch worked with this image..

My recycled item is the paint color swatch. I love these. I have a buddy who works in a hardware store - she gives me lots of these that are going to be thrown away.

I used copics to color in the image:

I made up for the lack of bright colors with the RED paint.. I love the color combo of red, white and black!

Until next time-
Party on, Wayne!

4 comments:

  1. Great card, I like the paint swatch idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific card, Dawn! How did I miss that cute freebie Wee Henry? I love it! Guess I'll mosey over to the shop...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!! I used to use paint swatches all the time - and wallpaper for backgrounds, but haven't in awhile. I will have to get some out! Love the texture on his clothes! Thanks for joining the Hoedown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining up and recycling with the Hambo Hoedown this week! Red is always a rockin color...no matter what the music style!

    ReplyDelete

What'za got to say?