Dotty Background





I'm so glad you're here!

Funny Pictures - Hippo Gifs

Friday, September 2

I used a rubber stamp!

Greetings Earthlings-

I made a birthday card for Jerry. I didn't get to it in time though so I knew it'd be late.. :-(

I actually used two RUBBER stamps for this! I use digital stamps for 99% of my projects. These are unmounted RUBBER stamps - they take up way less storage space.



I've had these stamps for a while. They're from Eat Cake Graphics. The image is called Cupcake the Dog. They have a variety of sentiments that would go well with him but I love the "Am I too late for cake?" I think it suits his expression well.

I don't usually use this many colors on a card but I wanted to make this one a party on paper! The swirl stickers and some of the dots are from Sticko. The rest of the dots I made with  Viva Pearl Pens. I used a Nestibility to cut him and his mat out. I fussy cut the sentiment. The glitter on the hat is from a variety of Stickles. The fancy corner is made with a punch from EK Success. As usual, I used Copics to color him.

Since I knew there was NO CHANCE this card would end up in my stack for Operation Write Home, I decided to use some of my glitter on the sentiment.

Glitter is FORBIDDEN on anything that comes anywhere near my OWH cards. The glitter can flake off and be seen in night vision gear. I certainly don't want our heroes spotted because of glitter!!!! I almost never use glitter and if I do I always clean my work area as if I had a hazardous material spill as soon as the card gets in it's envelope. Even if I don't see any glitter anywhere...I don't even use the Stickles on OWH cards because they haven't passed MY 'can I scrape it off?' test.

Before I started making cards for OWH I used glitter on a majority of my projects. I love the bling! So I have lots and lots of it in lots and lots of varieties gathering dust.. But that's a small price to pay for our soldiers!





Party on, Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'za got to say?